Here are a few of the questions they covered:
- How do you foster a love of reading in your home?
- How do you decide which books to read with your kids?
- How do you get kids to sit still when reading?
- How do you keep kids focused when reading?
- When do you start reading chapter books to kids?
- What are storytime rituals at your house?
- What are simple ways (that don't involve any extra materials) that you use to engage your children as you read stories aloud?
-One idea is to read to your children all times of the day: at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, while they are taking a bath or anytime you can. I started doing this and love it. I now read to the boys at lunch time. I also now read to the boys while they are in the bath. They are splashing and having fun and they can't go anywhere! I now keep a basket of books in the bathroom to grab while they bathe. I also got really tickled one day when JP and CA both picked up books to read while using the bathroom one day!
-One blogger gave the idea to have books in every room of the house. I already had books the boys rooms and our front room, but I found baskets to put more books in each room of our home.
|This is a new basket in our living room that I love! I found this new item at Micheal's and just couldn't resist buying it. It also fits quite nicely inside our coffee table.|
|TC loves the new basket too!|
|I love Sandra Boynton books so I made just one basket for this collection.|
|These are the books in TC's room.|
|This a reused book holder from my teaching days that we use to hold our library books. All of these books stay in one location of our home (on a good day).|
I hope these ideas inspire you as much as they did me! Happy Reading!