One thing I did get really excited about this week is Muffin Tin Meals. I have seen a ton of great ideas that my fellow blogging mama friends are doing with their kiddos and food. So I thought I would check it out. I found this great site called Muffin Tin Mom where this awesome blogging mama hosts a weekly linky party with great ideas to make meals for kids in muffin tins.
On her blog, you'll find:
- Easy snack ideas for kids
- "Cute food" and "food art"
- Official Home of Muffin Tin Meals/Muffin Tin Monday: (the American version of the Japanese bento box meal) - a meal served in a muffin tin (or cupcake pan) for kids.
- Crafty and creative ideas, projects, and activities to do with your kids
- Activities and posts are primarily for parents of young children, but adaptable for all ages
- Easy recipes
Here is my 1st muffin tin meal! In honor of Spring related activities I used one of our 101 cookie cutters to make their sandwich in the shape of a flower. I included cheese, cheerios, craisins, whales and m&ms. I presented lunch this way numerous times this week and each day both JP and CA seemed to enjoy it.
This weekend I hit the Dollar Tree and found two muffin tins with six sections. I also found Easter muffin liners. :) Yea! I also got a major surge of energy one night this past week and reorganized my pantry. Now all of the items I need for baking, crafting, and muffin meals are all in one place! I am looking forward to making more Muffin Tin Meals this week for the boys.
|This awesome container needed a new purpose, so off to my pantry it goes. I like to label things with masking tape as it does not leave a sticky residue.|
|This is the drawer with all of my muffin liners! I am excited to use them in the future!|
Linked up to