Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Sensory Bin




So I've been wanting to make the boys' Easter sensory bin for awhile now and today I finally assembled it! Better late than never, right?

I had a lot of fun making this bin for them! I colored rice for the first time and it was so fun and easy! The boys even helped with the food coloring and shaking of the ziploc bag!

Items in the Sensory Bin:
  • Colored Rice for scooping, pouring, dumping
  • Easter/Spring Erasers-Target $1 section
  • Easter themed measuring spoons- a gift from my sweet mama
  • Plastic Easter eggs- recycled from last year
JP's first exploration of the bin. At first he was tentative, but then he enjoyed hiding the erasers.

Little brother joined the fun! Both of them enjoyed scooping the rice.
I think CA likes it!
 I look forward to watching them explore, scoop, dump, pour,make patterns, and just have fun!

Linked up to these awesome parties!

10 comments:

  1. I love that the bin is coordinated with Easter colors and trinkets. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love colored rice!! Well, the kids do. I have hidden it for a little while since I'm tired of sweeping it up! :) Such a pretty sensory bin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorie! Thank you for your sweet comments. I took this bin outside numerous times this week just for the sweeping reason. :)

      Delete
  3. How fun, we did a similar one with colored rice and eggs. Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colored rice! How long did they keep the colors separated? It looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday! I hope we see you again later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla! Thank you for your sweet comments. The colors did not stay separated for long at all! They have taken it outside numerous times this week. Thanks for hosting TMT! I linked up again tonight!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for linking up tto fun frugal friday.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...